We want to recognise student societies and reward their student-led committee leadership.
This year, the Students' Union will be accredicate Clubs and Societies in recognition to their contributions to student life here at Birkbeck. The Student Activities Committee award Clubs and Societies that achieves an accredication of Bronze, Silver, or Gold, shall recieve formal recognition to the Society and its Committee mmebers from the Students' Union. The Students' Union would also consider greater funding if neccessary.
We encourage all Clubs and Societies to submit accredication applications.
- All Committee to purchase membership to the Society
- Achieve 15 paid members.
- Update your society page on the Students' Union website
- Email members twice a month through the Students' Union website function
- Hold three members only meeting
- Work with Lamp and Owl to produce an article
- Raise £50 for RAG by running own fundraising event
|To achieve a Bronze Accreditation, a society must complete all compulsory tasks 1 of the optional tasks
- Achieve Bronze Accreditation
- For the Society account to not be overdrawn
- Hold an event that actively seeks to engage with non-members
- Membership is up 10% on the previous year
- Hold a Give It A Go event
- Raise £100 for RAG by running own fundraising event
- Collaborate with another society or student group on an event
- Work with the Lamp and Owl to produce a video
|To achieve a Silver Accreditation, a society must complete all compulsory tasks 2 of the optional tasks
- Achieve Silver Accreditation
- Successfully hold elections, complete a handover, and produce a handover document
- Membership is up 20% on previous year
- Society account to have reserves for the following year.
- Collaborate with a group outside of Birkbeck Students' Union
- Raise £150 for RAG by running own fundraising event
- Work with Lamp and Owl to produce three articles or videos
- Hold an off-campus event and complete relevant risk assessment
- Collaborate with a society from another University
To achieve a Gold Accreditation, a society must complete all compulsory tasks 3 of the optional tasks