Important Student Group Information Update (12/08/20)
Everyone involved with Birkbeck Students’ Union hopes that you are well, and looking forward to the new term in spite of the ‘new normal’ we find ourselves in. On a similar theme, with ever changing circumstances and with the new measures and policies affecting University life, the Activities Coordinator and the SU team have been working to find the best and safest way to continue our Club, Society and Network programmes into the new year.
We realise that now, probably more than ever, a sense of community and interaction is so important. Our Student Groups are a crucial part of facilitating this, so ensuring they are there for returning members and incoming students alike is high on our agenda. Please see the key information below, and keep an eye on this page for any developments as we respond to the changing circumstances;
- All Clubs, Societies and Networks will continue into the new year, under the provision that all governmental procedures are followed as per the pandemic response.
- Clubs that usually compete in LUSL will NOT do so until Term 2 at the earliest, as BUCS have confirmed the competition will not being until the New Year.
- Clubs, Societies and Networks who use external venues on a regular basis are subject to the availability of said venues, so be advised the demand may be higher. Commitee members should be in contact with the Activities Co-ordinator to organise this on a case by case basis.
- Guidance on how to operate student groups under COVID-19 measures will be issued in due course
- Due to the pandemic and shifting priorities, we are aware that the majority of student groups did not hold committee elections, nor was the subsequent training delivered. We are provisionally looking to hold these elections in December, and training will be delivered virtually at the beginning of term. Please contact the Activities Coordinator for any advice in the interim.
- We can confirm that the Welcome Fair 2020 WILL be going ahead by means of a virtual platform. Please check your inbox's frequently for communication with the Activities Coordinator about organising your content for this and recruiting for the new term!
For more information, please contact the Activities Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org