Thursday 24-12-2015 - 01:23
The last time you probably went bowling was when you were at school and hanging out with your friends. Like most of us, bowling is a rare event that takes place after school or during the weekend. It might be a daunting prospect, especially when our bowling lanes do not have barriers on.
If you are considering joining the club, here are some of my top five tips!
- Do not over-consume on alcohol when playing with heavy balls
- Like driving, don't drink when dealing with heavy balls.
- Keep the ball going forward.
- In the event that you play like Hana, balls should always be rolling forward and only on the bowling lane or the rack.
- Nothing is more ridiculous when it roads sideways on the floor.
- Avoid very flamboyant throws
- This usually keeps the ball out of the gutter
- or in another lane...
- In the rare event that you manage to actually get a strike from it, you will be expected to dance and apologise for such a throw.
- Don't bowl before the pins are laid
- You don't want to end up breaking the entire game and live through the embarrassment.
- On Saturday 23rd of Jan, a member bowled a ball before the pins were paid and sadly resulted in a ball being permanently stuck in the gutter...
- Avoid shouting in fits of rage...
- Or even gloat about your bowl
- One can never afford to lose too many friends.
I hope these five tips will help you out. What is also important is to never be afraid to ask for help! And also to have fun! :-)