A bit about me...
What is your role?
I'm Artemi, she/her, the Trans Liberation Leader.
Tell us a bit about yourself...
I'm a 2nd year student studying Planetary Science and Astronomy. I collect hobbies like its a hobby, currently actively doing Archery, Pole Dance, Roller Derby, Photography and various types of gaming. Very active in the queer community in London and you'll often see me at picnics, nights out dancing or at gigs.
Why did you run in the elections?
I enjoyed my time last year and am happy to continue to support the trans students of Birkbeck.
Tell us a fun fact about yourself?
I taught Stephen Fry how to make coffee up a mountain.
What are your goals for the year?
My top five priorities for the year are:
1. To hold regular social events for the trans network
So far, I have held a welcome mixer, a joint event with the lgbt and women's networks for Halloween, a joint event with the film network and a vigil for Trans Day of Remembrance. I also held a welcome mixer for the LGBT network and am currently planning the December socials for each. (Term 1 update)
2. Period products and bins available in all bathrooms
I am putting together a motion for student Parliament. (Term 1 update)
3. To push the university to drop transphobic content from courses
4. To ensure trans students are able to access housing, sports and other areas they should be able to without harassment or judgement
I got the archery club to change a form from assigned gender at birth to (just) gender, removing a potential cause of outing or transphobia, and also making it in line with Archery GB standards. (Term 1 update)
5. Support the trans students with any issues they come across and provide resources and information where needed